Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Post Number 27 (The One Where Everything Changes.)


So much has happened since the last time I posted a blog.  As many of you may or may not know, for six months last year I lived alone.  Then I moved back home with my 'rents to save the moolah.  Where I last left you, I was living at home about to start college for my very first time.  Now that we're all on the same page...

My first semester of school is over.  I made all A's!  And yes, that's "a" as in "apple."  So that's really exciting.  What's more exciting is that I moved out of my parents house again with one of my besties, Marissa (see above beautiful picture).  We're have so much fun living together and although money may be tight for a while, I firmly stand my belief that as long as we're doing the right thing at the right time, the Universe will take care of us.  As a professor of mine said last semester about following your dreams, "The rent will always be paid."  We're both getting educated, being happy and remaining positive no matter what.  That's the ingredients to successful lives.  

School will be starting up again in a few weeks.  This time I'm in a Spanish class which I'm really excited about ("about which I'm really excited" is more grammatically correct, but it sounds really lame on a blog-type platform).  I haven't had a Spanish class in almost two years but in high school I took three years and I visited Spain, so I can't wait!!!!  Me gusta.

Oh!  I didn't mention our other roommates.  Marissa has two cockatiels whom I love dearly:  Peanut and Pearl.  I'll put up pictures really soon.  Peanut is really friendly and likes to talk.  Pearl is a little antsy in social situations, but he's beginning to come out of his shell, colloquially speaking.  

Moral of this story:  Do what the fuck you want and as long as you remain positive, you'll get to share a home with a lovely friend and two amazing birds.  

4 comments:

Unknown said...

DUDE! where the freakin' heck have you been?!?!? (okay i know your post answers my question, but i jsut had to say it. hehe) and congrats on all the A's you freakin' nerd!!! :)

Tony said...

Why thank you, missus.

sarah said...

please do not go away again

even if you need to sacrifice your As to keep me happy

thank you

Marcus said...

Dude...Your life sounds totally like Under The Tuscan Sun. You rock dude!!! Btw, I was flipping through blogger and yours randomly came up and you sounded awesome, so i just thought I should comment :)